Blue Lee Spencer, a 3-year-old boy, who was the subject of a state-wide Amber Alert on Wednesday night was found safe, according to David Moore, Public Information Officer for the Larimer County Sheriff's Department.
According to a press release, Larimer County Sheriff's deputies responded to the 7300 block of View Pointe Circle in Wellington regarding a protection order violation. Deputies contacted an adult female with injuries who was transported to an area hospital for treatment.
Later in the investigation, deputies received information leading them to believe a 3-year-old child was in danger and with his father, Jarred Spencer. At approximately 10:00 pm, an AMBER Alert was issued by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation at the request of the Larimer County Sheriff's Office.
At approximately 11:30 pm, Spencer and the child were located by deputies, the child was confirmed safe, and the AMBER Alert was cancelled.
The investigation revealed that multiple offenses, with different victims, were committed by Wellington resident, Jarred Lee Spencer. Spencer was arrested and booked into the Larimer County Jail on the following charges:
- Second Degree Kidnapping, a Class 4 Felony (victim – adult female);
- Assault in the Third Degree, a Class 1 Misdemeanor (victim – adult female);
- Menacing, a Class 5 Felony (victim – adult male);
- False Imprisonment, a Class 2 Misdemeanor (victim – adult male);
- Child Abuse, a Class 1 Misdemeanor; and
- Domestic Violence, a sentence enhancer.
The charges are merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty.